Let’s face it. You probably blew all your extra spending money just buying a new iPad. So it’s likely that you don’t want to spend a lot of money on apps right now. Luckily for sports fans, there are some great free iPad apps out there that will be great to waste time with. I mean, great free iPad apps that will make your sports fandom much more efficient.
Coverage Of Specific Sports
- NBA GameTime Courtside: Get video highlights before, during, and after the big basketball game.
- NHL Ice Time Playoffs: Exclusive video highlights and scores from the NHL playoffs.
- Nike Football: Team Edition: Coaching a rec league football team? This app gives you tools to track team performance.
- IZOD IndyCar Series: This is your one-stop media destination for IndyCar news and highlights.
- Soccer Fever HD: Covers every aspect of major soccer events such as the 2010 World Cup.
- A Tennis Video HD: Get video highlights from majors and other tennis news.
- FenwayNation: It’s all Sawx, all the time from this Boston-based website.
- iFooty: Complete coverage of all things related to Premier League football and the English national team.
- Mike Silva’s NY Baseball Digest: Yankees and Mets fans, look no further.
- Indy Racing Revolution : The latest independent news, analysis, and information from the world of IndyCar.
- HockeyInfos: If you are a fan of field hockey, this app is a must-have. Covers German and Swiss field hockey leagues.
- Athletics Weekly: Covers everything from the world of track and field.
- 2010 Football News HD: Get everything you need to follow the 2010 World Cup here.
General Sports News
- Zinio Magazine Reader: Includes free versions of magazines like SportingNews.
- Dailymotion: Get the latest highlights from across the sporting world.
- NCAA Photos for iPad: This app delivers breathtaking photos of Final Four and other NCAA action to your iPad.
- Western Pennsylvania News: Covers all the local teams such as the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins.
- USA Today for iPad: USA Today’s graphics-heavy content is perfect for the iPad.
- NPR for iPad: NPR does cover sports, just probably not the way you might expect.
- Sports Radio NY: Stay connected to New York sports talk.
- Nikkansports.com: Your Japanese and English source for world sports news.
- FanFeedr: Track all the sports you love with FanFeedr.
- xFeed RSS Reader: Get feeds from all your favorite websites with this free app.
- SportsTap: Get detailed box scores for every sport, from around the world.
- EuroSport for iPad: Get all the latest developments in European sports.
- Blogs With Balls: This app gives you the latest from Blogs with Balls.
More Fun For Fans
- Baseball Gameplan with Jason Giambi: This is the top-selling baseball instructional app on iPhone and iPad. Features tips and drills.
- steeRIKE! Pitch Counter: This app was developed for Little League and school team audiences.
- Skateboard Tricktionary: Never be confused again by your friends’ skater lingo.
- Health Calc XL: Are you following sports so much that you’re neglecting your own health? This app will tell you.
- Giant Scoreboard: Use your iPad as a giant scoreboard for your pickup games.
- Accuweather.com free for the iPad: Know the forecast for the big game.
- Wikipanion: Quickly search Wikipedia for stats and information on your favorite sports figures.
- Beat the Traffic: Make it to the game on time with real-time traffic news.
Sports Games for the iPad
- Baseball Fever for iPad: This is a fun 3D baseball game.
- Paper Football HD: Paper football you can play anywhere, even if you don’t have a paper football.
- Sportsbook $30K HD: It’s simulated sports book action for the iPad. For serious pretend gamblers only.
- Touch Hockey Extreme: Everything you love about air hockey, without the machine getting broken or stuck.
- Hit Tennis 2: The most popular free tennis game on iTunes.
- Crazy Snowboard HD Lite: This is a fun snowboarding game.